Hiring New Position – Grants Management Assistant
Job Title: Grants Management Assistant
Since 1934, the Cooper Foundation has invested in the people of Nebraska through grants supporting education, the arts and humanities, human services, and the environment. Our funds help strengthen our growing and diverse communities, support learning and education for all ages, improve the well-being of those in need, elevate the arts, and protect and enhance our natural landscape.
We are seeking a full-time Grants Management Assistant to support all aspects of the Foundation’s grantmaking. This person will maintain high quality data in our grants management system, conduct due diligence on applicants and grantees, manage the grant application, and reporting processes, schedule and track grants and payments, and provide technical assistance to grantseekers. This position will carry out research and data analysis to enhance our effectiveness, and will connect with grantees, nonprofit organizations, and philanthropic colleagues to increase our knowledge and understanding of the important issues in our communities.
The Grants Management Assistant is an integral part of our small team, working with the staff, board, and grant partners to carry out the Foundation’s mission. The ideal candidate will desire an entry-level position in philanthropy, have a keen interest in the nonprofit sector, solid data management skills, and a strong customer-service orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent), with a minimum of two years of administrative experience
- Experience with nonprofit organizations a plus
- Advanced computer skills and experience with technology systems, particularly databases, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to meet deadlines
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Self-motivated, with strong problem-solving abilities, superior attention to detail, and commitment to continuous improvement
- A collegial spirit in sharing ideas and giving and receiving feedback
- Demonstrated ability to work well individually and as part of a team
Salary and Benefits:
- $35,000 – $38,000, depending on experience
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Dental and Vision insurance
- Paid parking
- Generous retirement after three years
- Professional development opportunities
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three recent references to: Victoria Grasso at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application process will remain open until the position is filled.